The Planks Game
PLANKS is a challenging exercise which highlights the importance of planning, teamwork, working in sub-teams, effective communication and problem solving. It is also very effective for drawing out the characteristics of effective management and leadership. This exercise can be completed in 90 minutes by employees at all levels. It can be used successfully in workshops, team builds, conferences or away days where the focus might include performance improvement, managing and leading or inter-team / department communication etc.
How it works
- Number of Participants: 4 - 8 per team
- The team is given 15 planks stacked according to length.
- They have 60 minutes to develop a method of assembly that can produce a finished structure in less than one minute.
- The planks cannot be marked in any way to aid assembly.
- Effective teamwork and the ability to work in small sub-groups are essential to be successful.
- At the end of 60 minutes the team will have three opportunities to build their structure.
- They will be building as fast as they can to beat the benchmark time of 30 seconds whilst demonstrating their ability to improve with practice.
- 15 high quality planks made from solid, durable and tough PE500 plastic
- Facilitators guide for running sessions and debriefing
- This game is sold with enough material for one team.
- Extra sets of planks are available.
- Includes soft padded bag with zip and carry handles.
10 business Days