A Study of the Toyota Production System
A Study of the Toyota Production System: From an Industrial Engineering Viewpoint. This is the "green book" that started it all: the first book in English on JIT written from the engineer's viewpoint. When Omark Industries bought 500 copies and studied it companywide, Omark became the American pioneer in JIT.
- Published: October 01, 1989
- Publisher: Productivity Press
- Author(s): Shigeo Shingo; Andrew P. Dillon
- Hardback: 296 Pages
- Here is Dr. Shingo's classic industrial engineering rationale for the priority of process-based over operational improvements in manufacturing. He explains the basic mechanisms of the Toyota production system, examines production as a functional network of processes and operations and then discusses the mechanism necessary to make JIT possible in any manufacturing plant.
- Provides original source material on Just-ln-Time
- Demonstrates new ways to think about profit, inventory, waste, and productivity
- Explains the principles of leveling, standard work procedures, multi-machine handling, supplier relations, and much more