Healthcare Kaizen: Engaging Front-Line Staff In Sustainable, Continous Improvements. This book focuses on daily continuous improvement, or Kaizen, for healthcare professionals and organizations. It shares some mechanics for facilitating Kaizen, but more importantly covers the management mindsets and philosophies required to make Kaizen work effectively in a department or as an organization-wide program.
- Published: July 19, 2012
- Publisher: Productivity Press
- Author(s): Mark Graban, President, Constancy, Inc; Joseph E. Swartz, Director of Business Transformation, Franciscan St. Francis Health
- Paperback: 312 Pages
- Includes examples of documented Kaizen improvement from multiple healthcare settings
- Discusses the three levels of Kaizen - daily Kaizen, Kaizen events, and system Kaizen
- Focuses on daily Kaizen methods for staff engagement specifically in the healthcare setting
- Offers templates that are available for download on the authors website
- This book will be helpful to healthcare organizations that have embraced weeklong improvement events, but now want to move beyond just doing events into a more complete Lean management system.
- All of the examples are real healthcare examples shared by Franciscan Alliance Health System and other leading organizations, with many color pictures and illustrations of Kaizens.